Saturday, February 26, 2011

No words can describe

If you asked him to write his own epitaph Bob Bitner, 54 of Georgetown would have said there was nothing to write about, greatly underestimating his impact. Some would say he led an ordinary life, and certainly from the outside looking in, he did. Bob raised three children with is wife Colleen calling Round Rock home for many years. Bob was a born leader, who led by example and held himself to an unyielding high standard. His example taught his children the value of dedication, honesty, compassion.

Bob was President of Sam Bass Baseball for many years, where he was an example to many, most especially the players. He was a long-term employee of Sieko Instruments and recently held a position with DelStar Industries and was recently promoted.

Bob Bitner did lead an ordinary life, but one full of passion, intensity, love and generosity. What he may not have realized in life was how much of a presence he was for so many. People who find themselves saddened today because he is gone too soon.

Born February 13, 1957 in Galveston, Bob called McAllen, “home”. He is survived by his wife of 30 years Colleen, of Georgetown and their three children Steven, of Dallas, Ben of Round Rock and Erin of Round Rock, also by his parents Bob and Carol Bitner of McAllen; sister Penny Gearhart and husband Mark of Round Rock,; and brother William and wife Sandra of Mission, as well as numerous nieces and nephews and their children.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry I never met your father. Knowing how well you turned out, I can imagine what an incredible person he was.

Beth said...

This is beautifully written! My love, my thoughts and my prayers are with you and your family! Wish I could give you a big hug right now, Bit! I know I've already said that but I do!