Saturday, September 6, 2008

Week End

So it occurred to me last night that I probably hadn't been very clear about how Mom was doing post-heart attack. We are in fact very blessed and lucky. Even though Mom's coronary artery was completely blocked, the doctors only had to put in one stent to open the blockage. Luckily they didn't have to crack her chest either, they did it through angioplasty, which has really helped with her recovery. 

Even better, Mom and Dad have really changed their diet and have been working out pretty hardcore since Jan. Better than the fact that Mom doesn't really have the change her diet, her body was in shape enough, I believe that it has recovered quickly. Mom came home around 4 Thursday afternoon, and was pretty mobile and, has been, (even in the ICU) in really great spirits. My brother, sister and I got her a little lab puppy (we have two labs that have become her babies since we all moved out) and her response was "Oh, should we name him Coronary? Or miocardio infarction?" Apparently I'm sick on both sides...

The worst thing for her so far is some brusing from the angioplasty and mild fatigue during the afternoon. I leave tomorrow and my Aunt Kim is coming today to stay the week. My mom's other sister will come next week and stay for however long she needs. We're really really lucky and I'm very blessed to have the friends I do. Even though "Thank you" isn't enough, right now it's all I can do. So to my friends who read this, Thank you

No comments: